Kamberg Classic MTB & Trail
“Superb trail rivalling the best races in the country”
Andrew Hill – Winner 2018
The Fuel & Gas Kamberg Classic MTB & Trail at Glengarry has firmly established itself as one of the best events on the Calendar. Andrew Hill winner of the 2018 event said on Twitter after the race, “Superb trail rivaling the best races in the country” and one of Bicycling Mags “must do” races last year. As a result the Kamberg Classic has been included in the 2019 Quattro ROAG Series powered by Momentum. Thanks to our brand new, proudly local, title sponsor FUEL & GAS there is prize money in all categories. Whether you are a runner or rider we can’t wait for you to experience this valley and these trails.
The Trail Run (5km & 14km) takes place on Saturday afternoon, 30 March at 2pm followed by a potjie evening around the Glengarry Pub. The MTB race (20km, 45km & 65km) is held on Sunday morning, 31 March after which riders can enjoy complimentary homemade burgers in an exquisite environment. Plus, the first 100 entrants (65km MTB) will receive a quality Lizzard race garment. The Fuel & Gas Kamberg Classic is hosted by Glengarry, therefore despite its stature as an elite race it remains a boutique event with great hospitality, old school value and personal touches.
The atmosphere at Glengarry is great for families and spectators. Food, drinks and good coffee will be available. Other activities at Glengarry include a 9 hole golf course, a bowling green, dams and a river for tubing and fishing, a swimming pool, tea garden, country pub and animal farm and plenty safe space for kids to run and ride their bikes. It is the ultimate fun, family, lifestyle event and we really hope to see you there. Please find accommodation options in the area below.
Thanks to our team of partners – Fuel & Gas, Spring Meadow, Irritech, Jetteson Timbers, Spar, Thirsti, Safire, Racefood & Squirt – who all help to make the Kamberg Classic a world class event.
Accommodation in the Kamberg (From closest to Glengarry)…
- Glengarry Holiday Farm | 033 267 7225, 082 8677 620 | email@example.com | www.glengarry.co.za
- Kamberg Valley Hideaway | 082 762 9900 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.kambergvalleyhideaway.co.za
- Kingfisher Cottage | 083 700 0005 | email@example.com | www.safarinow.com
- Mountain Shadows | 071 657 7966 | www.kambergmountainshadows.co.za
- Kamdun Lodge | 031 916 1177, 082 882 5051| firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brackenburn Trout Retreat | 033 267 7190 | email@example.com
- Silver Hill Lodge | 033 267 7430 | 082 651 5056 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.silverhill.co.za
- Little Heaven | 033 267 7223 | email@example.com
- Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse | 033 267 7243 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.cleomountain.com
- National Heritage |033 263 2214 | 082 448 8725 | email@example.com | www.nationalheritage.co.za
- Riverside | 033 267 7245, 082 894 7972 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.kamberg.co.za
Directions to Glengarry…
Kamberg Classic MTB
2 September 2018
Glengarry, Kamberg, KZN